MYLIFEUNIT undertakes to collect Your Data by means that are:
If you visit MYLIFEUNIT's web-site, your web-browser automatically discloses, and MYLIFEUNIT's web-server automatically logs, the following information: the date and time, the IP address from which you issued the request, the type of browser and operating system you are using, the URL of any page that referred you to the page, the URL you requested, and whether your request was successful. This data may or may not be sufficient to identify you.
Any additional data that you provide, e.g. in a web-form, may also be logged. This data may or may not be sufficient to identify you.
Any additional data that your web-browser automatically provides may also be logged. This will be the case, for example, if your browser has previously been requested to store data on your computer in 'cookies' and submits them each time you request a web-page within a particular domain (such as MYLIFEUNIT.com). This data may or may not be sufficient to identify you.
If you disclose personal data to MYLIFEUNIT in conjunction with an identifier such as your name or your contact details (such as your e-mail address), MYLIFEUNIT will collect Your Data. Moreover, any data that becomes available to MYLIFEUNIT through any of the means described in the preceding paragraphs may be able to be associated with that identifier, and hence become Your Data.
Subject to the qualifications immediately below, MYLIFEUNIT undertakes to collect Your Data from you and not from other parties. This undertaking is qualified as follows:
· Where MYLIFEUNIT reasonably considers that the protection of its financial interests requires that it gather Your Data from other sources, or from additional sources. This applies in particular where MYLIFEUNIT has a lending exposure to you, and seeks information about your creditworthiness;
· Where MYLIFEUNIT reasonably considers that its capability to deliver quality services to you will be materially enhanced by gathering Your Data from other sources. This applies in particular to consumer profile data.
Where MYLIFEUNIT collects Your Data from sources other than you, it undertakes:
· To do so only by legal means;
· To do so only with your Consent; and
· To declare to you what sources it uses, and under what circumstances.
MYLIFEUNIT undertakes to declare the purpose of collection in a manner which is clear and meaningful, and to avoid vague, highly inclusive statements such as 'to support our operations'.
MYLIFEUNIT undertakes to store Your Data in a manner that ensures security against unauthorized access, alteration or deletion, at a level commensurate with its sensitivity.
MYLIFEUNIT undertakes to store Your Data only in jurisdictions where data protections are at least equivalent to those required under the OECD Guidelines.
MYLIFEUNIT undertakes to transmit Your Data in a manner that ensures security against unauthorized access, alteration or deletion, at a level commensurate with its sensitivity.
MYLIFEUNIT undertakes to implement appropriate measures to ensure security of Your Data against inappropriate behavior by MYLIFEUNIT's staff-members and contractors. These include:
· Training for staff in relation to privacy;
· Access control, to limit access to Your Data to those staff and contractors who have legitimate reasons to access it;
· Particularly in the case of sensitive data, audit trails of accesses, including the identities of staff and contractors accessing the data;
· Reminders to staff and contractors from time to time about the importance of data privacy, and the consequences of inappropriate behavior;
· Declaration of appropriately strong sanctions that are to be applied in the event of inappropriate behavior
· Clear communication of policies and sanctions; and
· Processes to audit, to investigate and to impose sanctions.
Use refers to the application of Your Data by any part of MYLIFEUNIT, or any staff-member or contractor of MYLIFEUNIT in the course of their work.
MYLIFEUNIT undertakes to use Your Data only for:
· The purposes for which it was collected;
· Such other purposes as are subsequently agreed between MYLIFEUNIT and You;
· Such additional purposes as may be required by law. In these circumstances, MYLIFEUNIT will take any reasonable steps available to it to communicate to You that the use has occurred, unless it is precluded from doing so by law; and
· Such additional purposes as are authorized by law (in particular to protect MYLIFEUNIT's interests, e.g. if it believes on reasonable grounds that You have failed to fulfill your undertakings to MYLIFEUNIT or have committed a breach of the criminal law).
At all times, we will offer you opportunities to unsubscribe out of any service or update to which you have subscribed, if you changed your mind. Any email we send you will contain an easy automate Unsubscribe link: http://mylifeUNIT.com/newsletters/Unsubscribe at the bottom, so that you can opt-out of that subscription. Simply follow the indication in the email.
When you register on MYLIFEUNIT.com and subscribe to the categories you prefer, you will also be given the option of opt-out of subscribing to our regular updates. Once you subscribe, we’ll send you a mail alerts for featured offers, deals, new arrivals, contests, events of interest, system enhancement, and marketing promotions. Such alerts may include information about MYLIFEUNIT.com, subsidiaries, or partners.
MYLIFEUNIT undertakes to use Your Data only if it has demonstrable relevance to the particular use to which it is being put.
MYLIFEUNIT undertakes to use Your Data in such a manner as to take into account the possibility that it is not of sufficient quality for the purpose, e.g. because it is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, or out-of-context.
Access by You to Your Personal Data
MYLIFEUNIT undertakes to provide you with access to Your Data, subject to only such conditions and processes as are reasonable in the circumstances. In particular, MYLIFEUNIT undertakes to enable access:
· Without unreasonable delay
· Without cost
MYLIFEUNIT undertakes to establish and operate identity authentication protections for access to Your Data that are appropriate to its sensitivity, but practical. This may involve some inconvenience; for example, relatively straightforward procedures may be involved in order to provide you with access through a channel that you have previously registered with MYLIFEUNIT (such as a particular email-address), but may impose more onerous procedures if you wish to use some other channel.
In the event that you dispute some aspect of Your Data, MYLIFEUNIT undertakes to take reasonable steps in relation to the amendment, supplementation or deletion of Your Data.
· Not to seek access for frivolous purposes, or unreasonably frequently;
· To accept that deletion of some data may not be consistent with the provision of particular services by MYLIFEUNIT to you.
Information about Data-Handling Practices
MYLIFEUNIT undertakes to make information available to you about the manner in which MYLIFEUNIT handles your data:
· In general terms, in a readily accessible manner
· In more specific terms, on request
Where Your Data is disclosed to a contractor, MYLIFEUNIT undertakes to make information available to you on request about the manner in which MYLIFEUNIT's contractors handle your data.
MYLIFEUNIT undertakes to ensure that the information provided is meaningful and addresses your concerns.
· Not to seek such information for frivolous purposes, or unreasonably frequently
· To accept that the disclosure of excessive detail may harm the security of Your Data and MYLIFEUNIT's business processes, and may harm MYLIFEUNIT's commercial interests.
Handling of Enquiries, General Concerns and Complaints
If you have enquiries, general concerns, or complaints about these Terms, or about MYLIFEUNIT's behavior in relation to these Terms, you undertake:
To communicate them in the first instance:
· To MYLIFEUNIT only
· In sufficient detail
· Through a channel made available by MYLIFEUNIT for that purpose
· To provide one or more channels for communications to MYLIFEUNIT, which are convenient to users
· To promptly provide acknowledgement of the receipt of communications, including the provision of a copy of the communication, the date and time it was registered, and MYLIFEUNIT's reference-code for the communication;
· To promptly provide a response to the communication, in an appropriate and meaningful manner.
You further undertake to not pursue MYLIFEUNIT through any Regulator or the media:
· Until and unless MYLIFEUNIT has had a reasonable opportunity to respond to the initial communication; and
· While MYLIFEUNIT and you remain are conducting a meaningful dialogue about the matter.